Contract Development Officer
THE AFRO-CARIBBEAN GOOD LIFE ENVIRONMENTAL INITIATIVE
Job Description and Person Specification
Post Title: Development Officer
The project aims: The Afro-Caribbean Good Life Environmental Initiative aims at stimulating, supporting and encouraging African and Caribbean Community resilience and sustainability towards low carbon community around Glasgow and West of Scotland.
Reporting to: CEO Next Step Initiative and Board of Management
Main Purpose of Post: Delivery of Project aims, coordinate the community give and take swap scheme, design and repairs programme, and responsible for the coordination of workshops in climate change, energy efficiency, recycling, developing new partnerships, and the supervision and support of volunteers.
Terms & Condition: Fixed Term contract from 1st June 2018 to 31st March 2020
Contract Value: –£15,696 (including employer NI & 4%pension contributions) Minimum input toward the project will be 25 hours per week,
Office Base: Glasgow
The scope of the job: Your Role
As part of the team at Next Step Initiative, you will be part of a team to deliver the new ‘’The Afro-Caribbean Good Life Environmental Initiative’’.. You will successfully develop and deliver against an ambitious project plan, and ensure high-quality delivery
- Reduction of family Carbon footprint/Energy Consumption and applying energy efficient practice.
- Improving behavioural change, the lifestyle of individual & families’ practices which will reduce primary and secondary carbon footprint/emission.
- Reduction of household waste (Cloths) by 301 tonnes co2e (life Time)(responsible for 140 households to take part and engage in the re-use, repair and swap shop programme)
- Improve community sustainability by training 20 climate champions and 300 individuals from the community on energy saving and efficiency, change of lifestyle towards environmentally friendly practices.
- Liaise with Zero Waste Scotland on training and support on effective household waste management, information, and guidance to the African and Caribbean communities
- Coordinate and work with delivery partners to develop the videos about the project learning where community members will talk to inspire other members about how they learn and benefits from the project
- Overall responsibility for recruitment/induction and training of volunteers
Duties and Key responsibilities
- Coordinate the community give and take the monthly event (to donate, exchange, or take clothes and other households necessities.
- Coordinate the weekly/monthly African fashion Workshops; on clothes design, repair and alterations with volunteers
- Coordinate workshops in climate change, energy efficiency, and recycling in partnership with Zero Waste Scotland
- Coordinate the use of ABCi media (Radio & TV) to deliver climate change programs on a weekly basis
- Coordinate training of community champions and equipping them with the knowledge to use energy saving gadgets and to pass the knowledge to the communities
- Work with the rest of the team and NSI CEO to develop and implement climate change information apps for update and accessibility of information
- Oversee recruitment and support Energy Champions and volunteers.
- Coordinate the development of video about the project learning where community members will talk about their journey toward low carbon lifestyle
- Submit a monthly report to NSI CEO
- Carry out other appropriate duties as required.
Personal Training and Development
- Undertake appropriate training where necessary
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter (Max two pages) outlining why you are applying and your suitability for the role. The letter should speak directly to the responsibilities, Key Competencies, skills and experience outlined in the job description. Please also return a completed equality and diversity monitoring form. The detailed Role description, person specification, equality and diversity monitoring form can be found at Application Park Development Officer Glasgow
Applications should be sent to email@example.com or telephone 01414402700
Please include your name and ‘’Development Officer’’The Afro-Caribbean Good Life Environmental Initiative in the email line
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Thursday 10th May 2018.
Interview Date: Wednesday, 23rd May 2018.
Next Step Initiative is a Registered Scottish Charity Incorporation Organisation in Scotland and Registered Scottish Charity No. SCO14305. Registered Office: Africa House, 300 Broomloan Road, Glasgow, G51 2JQ
1340 total views, 1 today